Learn Our Water Laws
The Law says:
- No foam products on the water
- No glass products on the water
- Possession of open plastic containers of 5 oz. or less is prohibited on the water
- Observe no wake areas. Idle speed only
- All children 12 & under must wear lifejackets when boating, kayaking, canoeing, or rafting
- All boats must have the same number of life jackets as people on board
- No trespassing on private property
- No littering
- Public nuisance behavior will not be tolerated
W.O.R.D. Ordinances are subject up to a $500 fine.
The river laws in the unincorporated area of Comal County (Canyon Lake) are different than the laws within the City of New Braunfels. The chart lists these differences on the Guadalupe River only.
YOUR SAFETY IS IMPORTANT TO US! Please follow all water laws and safety advice while utilizing our waterways.
- Play sober. Alcohol and water activities do not mix
- Know boating laws before you go out
- Operate at a safe speed
- Wear your life jacket
- Watch the weather. Get out of the water during lighting storms or high winds
- No jumping from bridges or cliffs
- Pets must be on a leash at all times
- Plan: Let someone know where you are. File a FLOAT plan
- Swim only in designated areas and never swim alone. Don’t overestimate your swimming skills
- Use designated shuttle stops and parking areas
- Don’t forget the sunscreen, water shoes, sunglasses, and plenty of water to drink
- Know the flows before you go. To check current river flows, CLICK HERE.
Additional water safety information:
Current Lake &
- Guadalupe River @ Spring Branch (Upper): 7.32 cfs
- Guadalupe River @ Sattler (Lower): 67.7 cfs
- Guadalupe River @ New Braunfels: 77.6 cfs
- Canyon Lake Reservoir: 888.40
For more flow rates, visit the USGS
There are no upcoming events at this time.